What a great day at Cherry Lane. Although it was a bit bleak outside, there was a lot of Googling going on inside!
We focused on few big topics today. Gmail, Google Classroom and converting PDF's into usable files through Doc Hub.
- Labels help you organize your messages into categories -- work, family, to do, read later, jokes, recipes, any category you want. Labels do all the work that folders do, but with an added bonus: you can add more than one to a message.
- Only you can see your labels, so whether you mark a message with "Best friend" or "Read later," the sender will never know.
- Filters allow you to manage the flow of incoming messages. Using filters, you can automatically send email to a label, archive, delete, star, or forward your mail, even keep it out of Spam.
- Google Classroom Student Reference Sheet
- Don't forget the difference between Announcement and Assignment!
- The purpose of an announcement is to add something to the stream that your class can look at and comment on. For example, if you wanted your students to watch a Youtube video of a cat playing piano and then to give their review of its musical skill.
- Teachers can add files, drive files, Youtube videos, and web links.
- Students can comment on Announcements, creating a discussion amongst themselves about a post. (IF A TEACHER HAS OPENED UP THIS PRIVILEGE TO STUDENTS)
- The purpose of an assignment is to add something that everyone in the class needs to submit something to. This is a “do” kind of post where you can give a task and each student needs to respond to the task.
- Teachers can add files, drive files, Youtube videos and links and students can submit existing drive docs, links, and upload files as well as creating new docs, presentations, spreadsheets, and drawings.
- Students can comment on Assignments, creating a discussion amongst themselves about a post. (IF A TEACHER HAS OPENED UP THIS PRIVILEGE TO STUDENTS)
- DocHub is a free online PDF editor that lets you view, edit and sign PDFs without leaving your browser.
- DocHub Document - This is a document that shows how to download and some of the features of DocHub.
Post a Comment