Here are a few topics that we covered today:
- Please Check your SPAM folder in GMAIL. There are emails that may be IMPORTANT that you may not be receiving that may be in spam. To check your spam, log into your GMail, click on more (or more labels) on the left and you should see a label (folder) titled SPAM (if you have many labels [folders] you may have to scroll down). To "release" an email from SPAM, click on the email and it should say at the top "NOT SPAM". Click on "NOT SPAM" and your email will no longer be in SPAM.
- Great robust tool for creating flow charts, story boards, Venn Diagrams, and any graphic organizer you can think of! (Quick Hint: If the Draw Space is too small, pull out from the bottom right corner until your work mat space is big enough for you to use!)
- Insert --> Video: Very easy way to embed YouTube videos into Google Slides/Presentations! (Quick Hint: This ONLY works with YouTube videos and does NOT work in the RESEARCH function)
The following tools can be found and utilized in Google Docs, Draw, Slides/Presentation
- Research Tool
- To access the research tool click Tools-Research
- The research tool is useful because it helps students search the web, images, videos, maps, quotes, etc. Drag and drop will embed items and you can preview sites before you go to them. Quick Hint: The video part of this function does not currently work properly. To see how to embed a video look above.
- Word Art
- Insert--> Word Art
- Type your word(s) click enter.
- Change your font by clicking Arial (or your current font name) and change it.
- Quick Hint: To add MORE fonts, click on the font(s) and click More Fonts... at the bottom. Choose as many fonts as you want as they will collect on the right side (under My Fonts). Then click OK at the bottom. Your fonts will now be added to your font lists in all your Google programs (Docs, Slides, Draw, etc.).
- Change your inner color by clicking the paint can and choose your color
- Change your outer line color by clicking pencil tool and choose your color
- Change your outer line weight by clicking on three lines (from largest to smallest) and choose your thickness
- You can also choose your outer line design (if you want a straight line, dotted, dashed, etc) by clicking the line, and choose your style.